Whimzees are dental chews that are actually safe for diabetic dogs.
They have been carefully designed to avoid rapidly raising blood sugar levels in diabetic dogs.
What Are Whimzees?
Whimzees are natural, vegetarian dental chew treats made from potato and other plant starches.
They come in fun shapes like stars, sausages, and crocodiles that help clean your pup’s teeth by brushing off plaque and tartar build-up while they chew.
The unique texture helps remove food particles and bacteria from the surface of your dog’s teeth to give them a bright smile!
Whimzees are also naturally rich in fiber which promotes healthy digestion.
Plus, they’re gluten-free and contain no artificial colors or flavors making them a safe and healthy snack choice for any pooch!
So put a smile on your pup’s face with Whimzees – the perfect treat for pups of every size.
Can Diabetic Dogs Eat Whimzees
Yes, diabetic dogs can eat Whimzees. However, it is important to remember that treats should not make up more than 10% of a diabetic dog’s daily food intake and all treats must be carefully monitored.
Whimzees are made with natural ingredients that provide fiber and other essential nutrients for your pup while still being low-fat and low-calorie.
Additionally, the crunchy texture helps promote good dental health in your canine companion by helping reduce plaque buildup.
They also contain no added sugars or artificial colorings, making them an ideal choice for diabetics who need to watch their sugar intake closely.
When giving Whimzees to your diabetic dog, it is important to consider the carbohydrate content of the treats along with the calorie count.
If your pet eats more than one treat per day, be sure to adjust his/her regular meal plan accordingly by reducing the number of carbohydrates in other food items or replacing them with low-carbohydrate alternatives such as lean proteins and vegetables.
How Many Whimzees Can Diabetic Dogs Eat
Diabetic dogs should only eat Whimzees in moderation. In general, the amount of treats your diabetic dog can have depends on their individual dietary needs and any other health conditions they may have.
A good rule of thumb is to limit treats to 10% or less of their daily caloric intake. For example, a 30 lb. diabetic dog would need around 300 calories per day, so they should not exceed 30 calories from treats each day—which works out to roughly one small Whimzee treat per day.
To ensure your diabetic dog is getting all the nutrients they need while still enjoying occasional treats like Whimzees, try switching up the types of treats you offer them throughout the week by adding fresh fruits and vegetables or low-calorie treats.
Additionally, you should always talk to your vet before introducing any new treat into your dog’s diet to ensure it is safe for them.
Health Benefits of Whimzees For Diabetic Dogs
- Low Glycemic Index: Whimzees are a great treat for diabetic dogs, as they have an incredibly low glycemic index. This means that your pup won’t experience a sudden spike in their blood sugar levels after eating them.
- High fiber content: The high fiber content of these treats helps regulate digestion and control blood sugar levels in diabetic dogs over time, making it easier to keep track of their glucose levels.
- Essential Vitamins & Minerals: Whimzees also provide essential vitamins and minerals that are important for overall health, such as calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc. These will help keep your pup healthy even while managing his diabetes.
- Healthy Teeth & Gums: These treats are made with natural ingredients and can help keep your pup’s teeth healthy and strong. The crunchy texture helps remove plaque and tartar buildup, while the natural flavoring keeps breath smelling fresh.
- Low Fat: Whimzees have a very low-fat content making them an ideal choice for diabetic dogs. Not only will it prevent an increase in blood sugar levels, but your pup won’t be taking in additional calories he doesn’t need.
- High-Quality Ingredients: Whimzees are made with high-quality ingredients that provide a healthy and nutritious snack for your furry friend. This helps him stay healthy while managing his diabetes.
Can Diabetic Dogs Have Dental Chews?
Yes, diabetic dogs can have dental chews, but it is important to consult with your veterinarian beforehand. Dental chews can help promote gum health and freshen breath in dogs, but some ingredients may not be ideal for diabetic dogs.
Diabetic dogs need low-sugar diets and should avoid treats or other items that contain excess sugar or carbohydrate content. Therefore, it is important to check the label of any treats before giving them to a diabetic dog.
When selecting a dental chew for a diabetic dog, look for formulas that are low in sugar and carbohydrates as well as high in protein and fiber.
Also consider the size of the chew when picking one out – too big of a chew could pose a choking hazard while smaller pieces will be easier to digest.
Some dental chews are designed specifically for diabetic dogs and contain no sugar or carbohydrates, which may be a better option if available.
Other oral hygiene options exist that can help keep your diabetic dog’s teeth healthy and clean, such as brushing with an enzymatic toothpaste or giving them a rawhide chew.
Whimzees are a great way to give your dog a treat but also clean their teeth in the process.
Just make sure that you follow the instructions on the packaging and do not overfeed your dog.